The E5-ASZKG is a control IED made for realizing automatic synchronizing for generators that connect to one or two buses. It is a member of the DAUT product type in the EuroProt+ product family. The EuroProt+ family complex protection in respect of hardware and software is a modular device. Because of the modular architecture, the modules are assembled and configured according to the user’s requirements; from that point on, the software determines the functions.
Devices of the DAUT product type are configured for various automation purposes of the electric power system.
The EuroCAP configuration tool, which is available free of charge, offers a user-friendly and flexible application for protection, control and measurement functions to ensure that the IED-EP+ devices are fully customisable.
- Native IEC 61850 IED with Edition 2 compatibility
- Scalable hardware to adapt to different applications
- 84 HP or 42HP wide rack size (height: 3U)
- The pre-defined factory configuration can be customized to the user’s specification with the powerful EuroCAP tool
- Flexible control functionality to meet special customer requirements
- Advanced HMI functionality via color touchscreen and embedded WEB server, extended measuring, control and monitoring functions
- User configurable LCD user screens, which can display SLDs (Single Line Diagrams) with switchgear position indication and control as well as measuring values and several types of controllable objects.
- Various protection setting groups available
- Enhanced breaker monitoring and control
- High capacity disturbance recorder (DRE) and event logging:
- DRE for up to 32 analogue and 64 digital signal channels.
- Event recorder can store more than 10,000 events.
- Several mounting methods: Rack; Flush mounting; Semi-flush mounting; Wall mounting; Wall-mounting with terminals; Flush mounting with IP54 rated cover.
- Wide range of communication protocols:
- Ethernet-based communication: IEC61850; IEC60870-5-104; DNP3.0 TCP; Modbus TCP
- Serial communication: DNP3.0; IEC60870-5-101/103; MODBUS, SPA
- The EuroProt+ family can handle several communication protocols simultaneously.
- Built-in self-monitoring to detect internal hardware or software errors
- Different time sources available: NTP server; Minute pulse; Legacy protocol master; IRIG-B000 or IRIG-B12X
The E5-ASZKG devices are designed to perform automatic synchronizing of synchronous generators to the power grid. Synchronizing can be performed to two different buses; selection between the two depends on the user-defined logic.
The IED includes wide range of control and supervisory functions which provide full control and user defined interlocking schemes for the primary switchgear at the substation.
SCOPE OF APPLICATION
- Synchrocheck and synchroswitch function with output signals for generator frequency and voltage control
- Switchable target CB, deadline detection for automatic choosing
- User-configurable start/cancel condition
Protection & Control functions
The E5-ASZKG configuration measures one line-to-line voltage from the generator and each bus for synchronizing. Optionally it can measure three-phase voltages from each side for dead line detection (voltage monitoring). The main function is the Automatic Generator Synchronizer function, the enhanced version of the synchrocheck-synchroswitch function by having outputs for issuing frequency up/down and voltage up/down commands to the generator.
|Hardware description||1.40||19/10/2018||2.75 MB|
|Maintenance guide||1.3||19/02/2014||170.12 KB|
|Operating Manual and Troubleshooting Guide||1.0||
|CT application guide||1.0||24/11/2015||446.27 KB|
|Remote user interface description||3.0||06/06/2019||1.18 MB|
|LCD touchscreen interface description||1.0||27/06/2011||0.97 MB|