The E1-Feeder is a dedicated feeder protection and control IED; it is member of the DTIVA product type in the EuroProt+ product family.
The DTIVA products are configured to protect, control and supervise elements of the utility and industrial distribution systems, including radial, looped and meshed distribution networks. Because of the modular architecture, the modules are assembled and configured according to the user’s requirements; from that point on, the software determines the functions.
The main areas of application are the not solidly grounded radial networks. Here the application of Petersen coils or grounding resistances results relatively low currents in case of single phase-to-ground faults. The majority of the protections are based on current measurements only, but the application of distributed generation or loops in the network topology require additional voltage measurement and directional protection functions. The distance and line differential protections are also available to protect compensated or isolated networks.
The EuroCAP configuration tool, which is available free of charge, offers a user-friendly and flexible application for protection, control and measurement functions to ensure that the IED-EP+ devices are fully customisable.
- Native IEC 61850 IED with Edition 2 compatibility
- Scalable hardware to adapt to different applications
- 84 HP or 42HP wide rack size (height: 3U)
- The pre-defined factory configuration can be customized to the user’s specification with the powerful EuroCAP tool
- Flexible protection and control functionality to meet special customer requirements
- Advanced HMI functionality via color touchscreen and embedded WEB server, extended measuring, control and monitoring functions
- User configurable LCD user screens, which can display SLDs (Single Line Diagrams) with switchgear position indication and control as well as measuring values and several types of controllable objects.
- Various protection setting groups available
- Enhanced breaker monitoring and control
- High capacity disturbance recorder (DRE) and event logging:
- DRE for up to 32 analogue and 64 digital signal channels.
- Event recorder can store more than 10,000 events.
- Several mounting methods: Rack; Flush mounting; Semi-flush mounting; Wall mounting; Wall-mounting with terminals; Flush mounting with IP54 rated cover.
- Wide range of communication protocols:
- Ethernet-based communication: IEC61850; IEC60870-5-104; DNP3.0 TCP; Modbus TCP
- Serial communication: DNP3.0; IEC60870-5-101/103; MODBUS, SPA
- The EuroProt+ family can handle several communication protocols simultaneously.
- Built-in self-monitoring to detect internal hardware or software errors
- Different time sources available: NTP server; Minute pulse; Legacy protocol master; IRIG-B000 or IRIG-B12X
The E1-Feeder IED is the basic non-directional 3Ph+Io overcurrent protection, switchgear control (and CB monitoring) as well as automation device. It is designed to be the main or back-up protection of overhead lines and cables on distribution networks (or HV systems). The configured functions are based on current measurement and they are supplemented with an automatic reclosing function.
The relay can also be used for circuit-breaker failure protection.
SCOPE OF APPLICATION:
- Overhead lines and underground cables (back-up protection on HV systems) non-directional overcurrent protection
- Ground-fault detection in isolated, resistance earthed and Petersen coil earthed neutral systems
- Switchgear automation and control
- Current transformer supervision through unbalance protection
- Inrush detection and blocking
- Back-up protection unit for transformers, lines, generators, motors, busbars of all voltage levels
- Optional decentralized busbar protection sub-unit application
The E1-Feeder configuration measures three phase currents and the residual current. It is intended to protect overhead line or cable networks. The range of functions is supplemented with the automatic reclosing function.
Because of the implemented control, measuring and monitoring function, the IED can also be used as a bay control unit.
Please always refer to a valid Order Code when placing an order.
The Order Code page can be opened by clicking the link below.