The E3-TR is a dedicated two-winding transformer protection and control IED with an integrated automatic voltage regulator; the relay provides complex protection, control and monitoring functions for two-winding power transformers. The E3-TR device also provides an integrated tap changer controller for voltage regulation of power transformers with motor-driven OLTC (on-load tap changer). The device is member of the DTRV product type in the EuroProt+ product family.
The DTRV type is especially designed for protection and control applications for power transformers and generators including power generator-transformer blocks. Additionally, the DTRV product type includes a variety of versatile protection functions to meet user requirements.
A voltage regulator can be integrated in the same device together with the protection functions or as a stand-alone IED. The voltage adjustment function can be performed automatically or, in manual mode of operation, the personnel of the substation can set the network voltage according to special requirements. The intelligent voltage control function can handle up to 4 parallel transformers depending on the minimum circulating current or master-slave principles.
Because of the control, measuring and monitoring functions implemented, the IED can also be used as a bay control unit.
The EuroCAP configuration tool, which is available free of charge, offers a user-friendly and flexible application for protection, control and measurement functions to ensure that the IED-EP+ devices are fully customisable.
- Native IEC 61850 IED with Edition 2 compatibility
- Scalable hardware to adapt to different applications
- 84 HP or 42HP wide rack size (height: 3U)
- The pre-defined factory configuration can be customized to the user’s specification with the powerful EuroCAP tool
- Flexible protection and control functionality to meet special customer requirements
- Advanced HMI functionality via color touchscreen and embedded WEB server, extended measuring, control and monitoring functions
- User configurable LCD user screens, which can display SLDs (Single Line Diagrams) with switchgear position indication and control as well as measuring values and several types of controllable objects.
- Various protection setting groups available
- Enhanced breaker monitoring and control
- High capacity disturbance recorder (DRE) and event logging:
- DRE for up to 32 analogue and 64 digital signal channels.
- Event recorder can store more than 10,000 events.
- Several mounting methods: Rack; Flush mounting; Semi-flush mounting; Wall mounting; Wall-mounting with terminals; Flush mounting with IP54 rated cover.
- Wide range of communication protocols:
- Ethernet-based communication: IEC61850; IEC60870-5-104; DNP3.0 TCP; Modbus TCP
- Serial communication: DNP3.0; IEC60870-5-101/103; MODBUS, SPA
- The EuroProt+ family can handle several communication protocols simultaneously.
- Built-in self-monitoring to detect internal hardware or software errors
- Different time sources available: NTP server; Minute pulse; Legacy protocol master; IRIG-B000 or IRIG-B12X
The E3-TR is a dedicated two-winding transformer protection and control IED, the relay is aligned for complex protection, control and monitoring functions of two-winding power transformers. The device also features an integrated voltage regulator. It is member of the DTRV product type in the EuroProt+ product family.
The E3-TR relay provides a variety of versatile protection functions along with the main transformer differential protection, such as 3ph, Io and I2 overcurrent protection, overload protection, restricted earth-fault protection etc.
Sensitive restricted earth-fault protection (REF) is the final element in the overall differential protection system, which detects even single phase-to-ground faults close to the grounded neutral of the transformer.
The multiple instances of the implemented three-phase and residual overcurrent functions are provided for the segregated protection of both transformer windings. Furthermore, several voltage-based protection functions are available for the voltage controlled side of the transformer based on the three phase-voltage measurement. It can be used as a back-up protection relay for downstream equipment (e.g. feeders, cables).
The E3-TR transformer protection relay can support double-breaker terminals on any side of the transformer such as breaker and a half or ring bus topology.
Automatic phase shift and turns ratio compensation for all types of transformer winding connections.
The IED includes a wide range of control and supervise functions, which provide full control and user-defined interlocking schemes for the primary switchgear at the substation.
scope of application
- 2-winding transformer protection and control device with main transformer differential protection and several additional protection functions; voltage control is integrated in the device
- The versatile protections functions can provide back-up protection relay for downstream equipment (e.g. feeders, cables etc.).
- Protection for all kinds of power transformers (including auto-transformers)
- 1-/3-phase tripping and support for double breaker terminals such as breaker and a half or ring bus topologies
- Three-phase transformer differential protection:
- Automatic phase shift and turns ratio compensation of the transformer.
- 2nd and 5th harmonics restraint for transformer inrush and overexcitation detection
- Residual current elimination feature is available if there is a neutral grounding transformer in the protected zone on the secondary side of the transformer
- Sensitive restricted earth-fault protection
- Several voltage-based protection functions are available through the three-phase voltage measurement.
- Current unbalance detection of Current Transformers
- Voltage regulation with automatic tap changer controller:
- For up to 4 parallel transformers depending on the minimum circulating current or master-slave principles,
- Tap changer position reading via RTD, mA or Binary inputs
- Type of binary input coding: binary, BCD, Grey.
- Interlocking schemes can be defined by the user
- Optional external units:
- 28 input/ 5 output tap changer transcoder (TRCS)
- Remote I/O unit (RIO)
- Optional transducer I/Os (RTD/mA)
- Optional impedance protection
The E3-TR configuration measures three phase currents, the residual current component from both sides of a two-winding, three-phase transformer and, additionally, three phase voltages. These measurements allow, in addition to the current- and voltage-based functions, directionality extension of the residual overcurrent function.
Voltage control is integrated in the same device together with the main transformer differential protection and restricted earth-fault protection functions.
The additional protection functions can provide back-up protection for downstream equipment (e.g. feeders, cables).
|Transformer protection & control||1.0||05/04/2019||2.08 MB|
|Maintenance guide||2.0||18/11/2022||769.82 KB|
|Operating Manual and Troubleshooting Guide FW version 2.8||1.4||
|Protocol Implementation Extra Information - PIXIT||1.1||20/03/2017||259.27 KB|
|Protocol Implementation Conformance Statement - PICS||1.1||20/03/2017||261.09 KB|
|Model Implementation Conformance Statement - MICS||1.0||21/05/2012||864.71 KB|
|E3-TR configuration description||1.0||23/05/2014||4.79 MB|
|E3-TR_H product configuration options||4.2||22/11/2022||-|
|E3-TR_F product configuration options||4.1||13/01/2023||-|
Please always refer to a valid Order Code when placing an order.
The Order Code page can be opened by clicking the link below.