The E2-TRIM (TRansformer Inrush current Minimizer) device is designed for controlled switching of three- or single-phase transformers in order to avoid dangerous inrush currents with high peaks.
It is a member of the DAUT product type in the EuroProt+ product family. Members of the EuroProt+ complex protection family are modular devices in respect of hardware and software. Because of the modular architecture, the modules are assembled and configured according to the user’s requirements; from that point on, the software determines the functions.
The DAUT type is especially designed for versatile automation and control functions in the electric power system, such as supply change-over, voltage measuring point change-over, automatic synchronizing, arc-suppression coil control, etc.
The EuroCAP configuration tool, which is available free of charge, offers a user-friendly and flexible application for protection, control and measurement functions to ensure that the IED-EP+ devices are fully customisable.
- Native IEC 61850 IED with Edition 2 compatibility
- Scalable hardware to adapt to different applications
- 84 HP or 42HP wide rack size (height: 3U)
- The pre-defined factory configuration can be customized to the user’s specification with the powerful EuroCAP tool
- Flexible protection and control functionality to meet special customer requirements
- Advanced HMI functionality via color touchscreen and embedded WEB server, extended measuring, control and monitoring functions
- User configurable LCD user screens, which can display SLDs (Single Line Diagrams) with switchgear position indication and control as well as measuring values and several types of controllable objects.
- Various protection setting groups available
- Enhanced breaker monitoring and control
- High capacity disturbance recorder (DRE) and event logging:
- DRE for up to 32 analogue and 64 digital signal channels.
- Event recorder can store more than 10,000 events.
- Several mounting methods: Rack; Flush mounting; Semi-flush mounting; Wall mounting; Wall-mounting with terminals; Flush mounting with IP54 rated cover.
- Wide range of communication protocols:
- Ethernet-based communication: IEC61850; IEC60870-5-104; DNP3.0 TCP; Modbus TCP
- Serial communication: DNP3.0; IEC60870-5-101/103; MODBUS, SPA
- The EuroProt+ family can handle several communication protocols simultaneously.
- Built-in self-monitoring to detect internal hardware or software errors
- Different time sources available: NTP server; Minute pulse; Legacy protocol master; IRIG-B000 or IRIG-B12X
Energizing an unloaded transformer often causes inrush currents of extreme high magnitudes. This is harmful to the mechanical structure and insulation of the windings, and shortens the lifespan of the transformer.
The E2-TRIM device is a unique IED designed to defend the transformer against the high peaks of the transformer inrush current using controlled switching. The optimal moment of switching is calculated from the network voltage and the measured residual flux remaining in the iron cores at the last shutdown. The E2-TRIM device can be used for three-phase circuit breakers with a common drive or with individual drives; additionally, there is a version for single-phase circuit breakers (railway applications).
The IED includes a wide range of control and supervisory functions, which provide full control and user-defined interlocking schemes for the primary switchgear at the substation.
SCOPE OF APPLICATION:
- 2-winding three- or single-phase transformer control device with a Transformer Inrush Current Minimizer function and several additional control functions
- The type of the circuit breaker is specified by parameter setting (individual, common with or without fixed delay between the pole switchings)
- Because the residual flux is measured in the winding cores, the TRIM function works well even if the transformer has long cables with high capacitances.
- Programmable interlocking schemes
- The resulting inrush current can be measured optionally.
The E2-TRIM configuration measures the three phase voltages on both sides of the circuit breaker of the transformer to be switched. These measurements are needed for the calculation of the optimal switching time of the circuit breaker to get inrush currents with minimal peak values. Current measurement is optional; it can provide information about the efficiency of the controlled switching. This configuration also includes a circuit breaker control function, as well as optional additional circuit breaker and disconnector control functions.
|Hardware description||1.40||19/10/2018||2.75 MB|
|Maintenance guide||1.3||19/02/2014||170.12 KB|
|Operating Manual and Troubleshooting Guide||1.0||
|CT application guide||1.0||24/11/2015||446.27 KB|
|Remote user interface description||3.0||06/06/2019||1.18 MB|
|LCD touchscreen interface description||1.0||27/06/2011||0.97 MB|
|TRIM3 configuration description||1.2||04/05/2016||2.34 MB|
Please always refer to a valid Order Code when placing an order.
The Order Code page can be opened by clicking the link below.