The E2-Feeder is a dedicated feeder protection and control IED; it is member of the DTIVA product type in the EuroProt+ product family.
The DTIVA products are configured to protect, control and supervise elements of the utility and industrial distribution systems, including radial, looped and meshed distribution networks. Because of the modular architecture, the modules are assembled and configured according to the user’s requirements; from that point on, the software determines the functions.
The main areas of application are the not solidly grounded radial networks. Here the application of Petersen coils or grounding resistances results relatively low currents in case of single phase-to-ground faults. The majority of the protections are based on current measurements only, but the application of distributed generation or loops in the network topology require additional voltage measurement and directional protection functions. The distance and line differential protections are also available to protect compensated or isolated networks.
The EuroCAP configuration tool, which is available free of charge, offers a user-friendly and flexible application for protection, control and measurement functions to ensure that the IED-EP+ devices are fully customisable.
- Native IEC 61850 IED with Edition 2 compatibility
- Scalable hardware to adapt to different applications
- 84 HP or 42HP wide rack size (height: 3U)
- The pre-defined factory configuration can be customized to the user’s specification with the powerful EuroCAP tool
- Flexible protection and control functionality to meet special customer requirements
- Advanced HMI functionality via color touchscreen and embedded WEB server, extended measuring, control and monitoring functions
- User configurable LCD user screens, which can display SLDs (Single Line Diagrams) with switchgear position indication and control as well as measuring values and several types of controllable objects.
- Various protection setting groups available
- Enhanced breaker monitoring and control
- High capacity disturbance recorder (DRE) and event logging:
- DRE for up to 32 analogue and 64 digital signal channels.
- Event recorder can store more than 10,000 events.
- Several mounting methods: Rack; Flush mounting; Semi-flush mounting; Wall mounting; Wall-mounting with terminals; Flush mounting with IP54 rated cover.
- Wide range of communication protocols:
- Ethernet-based communication: IEC61850; IEC60870-5-104; DNP3.0 TCP; Modbus TCP
- Serial communication: DNP3.0; IEC60870-5-101/103; MODBUS, SPA
- The EuroProt+ family can handle several communication protocols simultaneously.
- Built-in self-monitoring to detect internal hardware or software errors
- Different time sources available: NTP server; Minute pulse; Legacy protocol master; IRIG-B000 or IRIG-B12X
The E2-Feeder provides all the protection and control functions offered by the E1-Feeder relay: 3Ph+Io overcurrent protection, switchgears control (and CB monitoring).
The E2-Feeder IED has voltage measurement input; this additional voltage measurement is the basis of the directional decision for earth-fault protection, power calculation and over- and undervoltage functions.
It is designed to be the main or back-up protection of overhead lines and cables on distribution networks (or HV systems) where the directional decision is essential for proper functioning.
The configured functions are based on current and voltage measurements and they are supplemented with an automatic reclosing function.
scope of application:
- Overhead lines and underground cables (back-up protection on HV systems) overcurrent protection
- Directional phase and ground fault detection in systems with isolated, resistance earthed and Petersen coil earthed neutral
- Directional over-/underpower protection with user-defined power setting values and operation angles (combined solution for active or reactive power)
- Switchgear automation and control
- User-defined interlocking schemes
- Current transformer supervision through unbalance protection
- Inrush detection and blocking
- Back-up protection unit for transformers, lines, generators, motors, busbars of all voltage levels
- Optional decentralized busbar protection sub-unit application
- Sensitive directional ground-fault detection for static ground faults
- Available sensitive directional ground-fault detection for transient earth faults
- Inrush detection and blocking
- Reverse power protection
- Protection against islanding operation for wind farm and photovoltaic energy applications
- Bay control unit application capability
The E2-Feeder configuration measures three phase currents, the zero sequence current component and, additionally, three phase voltages and the residual voltage. These measurements allow, in addition to the current- and voltage-based functions, directionality extension of the residual overcurrent function and also directional over- or underpower functions. The range of functions is supplemented with the automatic reclosing function.
|TISSUEs Implementation Conformance Statement (TICS) for the IEC 61850 Edition 2 server interface in Europrot+ product family||1.0||18/04/2023||569.01 KB|
|Protocol Implementation eXtra Information for Testing (PIXIT) for the IEC 61850 Edition 2 server interface in Europrot+ product family||1.03||18/04/2023||555.52 KB|
|Protocol Implementation Conformance Statement (PICS) for the IEC 61850 Edition 2 server interface in Europrot+ product family||1.02||18/04/2023||478.52 KB|
|Model Implementation Conformance Statement (MICS) for the IEC 61850 Edition 2 server interface in DTIVA product||1.0||18/04/2023||391.88 KB|
|Model Implementation Conformance Statement (MICS) for the IEC 61850 Edition 1 server interface in the Eurorot+ product family||1.0||21/05/2012||864.71 KB|
|Protocol Implementation Conformance Statement (PICS) for the IEC 61850 Edition 1 server interface in Eurorot+ product family||1.1||20/03/2017||261.09 KB|
|Protocol Implementation eXtra Information for Testing (PIXIT) for the IEC 61850 Edition 1 server interface in Europrot+ product family||1.1||20/03/2017||259.27 KB|
|Distributed network components protection & control||1.1||21/02/2020||2.25 MB|
|Hardware description||2.00||10/02/2023||4.24 MB|
|Maintenance guide||2.1||28/06/2023||770.85 KB|
|Operating Manual and Troubleshooting Guide - system version: 2.8||1.5||19/09/2023||2.69 MB|
|E2-Feeder configuration description||1.0||30/08/2013||2.81 MB|
|E2-Feeder_H product configuration options||5.3||
|E2-Feeder_F product configuration options||5.3||
Please always refer to a valid Order Code when placing an order.
The Order Code page can be opened by clicking the link below.