The E3-Feeder is a dedicated feeder protection and control IED; it is member of the DTIVA product type in the EuroProt+ product family.
The DTIVA products are configured to protect, control and supervise elements of the utility and industrial distribution systems, including radial, looped and meshed distribution networks. Because of the modular architecture, the modules are assembled and configured according to the user’s requirements; from that point on, the software determines the functions.
The main areas of application are the not solidly grounded radial networks. Here the application of Petersen coils or grounding resistances results relatively low currents in case of single phase-to-ground faults. The majority of the protections are based on current measurements only, but the application of distributed generation or loops in the network topology require additional voltage measurement and directional protection functions. The distance and line differential protections are also available to protect compensated or isolated networks.
The EuroCAP configuration tool, which is available free of charge, offers a user-friendly and flexible application for protection, control and measurement functions to ensure that the IED-EP+ devices are fully customisable.
- Native IEC 61850 IED with Edition 2 compatibility
- Scalable hardware to adapt to different applications
- 84 HP or 42HP wide rack size (height: 3U)
- The pre-defined factory configuration can be customized to the user’s specification with the powerful EuroCAP tool
- Flexible protection and control functionality to meet special customer requirements
- Advanced HMI functionality via color touchscreen and embedded WEB server, extended measuring, control and monitoring functions
- User configurable LCD user screens, which can display SLDs (Single Line Diagrams) with switchgear position indication and control as well as measuring values and several types of controllable objects.
- Various protection setting groups available
- Enhanced breaker monitoring and control
- High capacity disturbance recorder (DRE) and event logging (data is stored in non-volatile memory):
- DRE for up to 32 analogue and 64 digital signal channels.
- Event recorder can store more than 10,000 events.
- Several mounting methods: Rack; Flush mounting; Semi-flush mounting; Wall mounting; Wall-mounting with terminals; Flush mounting with IP54 rated cover.
- Wide range of communication protocols:
- Ethernet-based communication: IEC61850; IEC60870-5-104; DNP3.0 TCP; Modbus TCP
- Serial communication: DNP3.0; IEC60870-5-101/103; MODBUS, SPA
- The EuroProt+ family can handle several communication protocols simultaneously.
- Built-in self-monitoring to detect internal hardware or software errors
- Different time sources available: NTP server; Minute pulse; Legacy protocol master; IRIG-B000 or IRIG-B12X
The E3-Feeder relay is designed to meet the requirements of a complex field unit for overhead lines and cables on compensated or resistance grounded networks.
The range of functions includes all current- and voltage-based applications: directional overcurrent and directional earth-fault protection, power calculation and over- and undervoltage. Frequency protection functions are also included.
All the functions necessary for switchgear control and monitoring are included in the E3-Feeder relay. The automatic reclosing function is performed with synchrocheck.
The relay can also be used for circuit-breaker failure protection.
Scope of application
- Overhead lines and underground cables (back-up protection on HV systems) overcurrent protection
- Directional ground fault detection in systems with isolated, resistance earthed and Petersen coil earthed neutral, based on residual directional overcurrent protection
- Directional over-/underpower protection with user-defined power setting values and operation angles (combined solution for active or reactive power)
- Switchgear automation and control with synchro-check option
- User-defined interlocking schemes
- Current transformer supervision through unbalance protection
- Back-up protection unit for transformers, lines, generators, motors, busbars of all voltage levels
- Optional decentralized busbar protection sub-unit application
- Sensitive directional ground-fault detection for static ground faults
- Sensitive directional ground-fault detection for transient earth faults
- Inrush detection and blocking
- Reverse power protection
- Distribution load shedding schemes
- Protection against island operation for wind farm and photovoltaic energy applications
The E3-Feeder configuration measures three phase currents, the residual current and, additionally, three phase voltages and the busbar voltage. These measurements allow, in addition to the current- and voltage-based functions, directionality extension of the configured phase and residual overcurrent functions and also directional overpower or underpower functions. It is intended to protect overhead line or cable networks. The range of functions is supplemented with the automatic reclosing function and synchro-check. Based on the voltage measurement, the frequency is evaluated to realize frequency-based protection functions.
|TISSUEs Implementation Conformance Statement (TICS) for the IEC 61850 Edition 2 server interface in Europrot+ product family||1.0||18/04/2023||569.01 KB|
|Protocol Implementation eXtra Information for Testing (PIXIT) for the IEC 61850 Edition 2 server interface in Europrot+ product family||1.03||18/04/2023||555.52 KB|
|Protocol Implementation Conformance Statement (PICS) for the IEC 61850 Edition 2 server interface in Europrot+ product family||1.02||18/04/2023||478.52 KB|
|Model Implementation Conformance Statement (MICS) for the IEC 61850 Edition 2 server interface in DTIVA product||1.0||18/04/2023||391.88 KB|
|Model Implementation Conformance Statement (MICS) for the IEC 61850 Edition 1 server interface in the Eurorot+ product family||1.0||21/05/2012||864.71 KB|
|Protocol Implementation Conformance Statement (PICS) for the IEC 61850 Edition 1 server interface in Eurorot+ product family||1.1||20/03/2017||261.09 KB|
|Protocol Implementation eXtra Information for Testing (PIXIT) for the IEC 61850 Edition 1 server interface in Europrot+ product family||1.1||20/03/2017||259.27 KB|
|Distributed network components protection & control||1.1||21/02/2020||2.25 MB|
|Hardware description||2.00||10/02/2023||4.24 MB|
|Maintenance guide||2.1||28/06/2023||770.85 KB|
|Operating Manual and Troubleshooting Guide - system version: 2.8||1.4||14/03/2023||3.59 MB|
|E3-Feeder configuration description||1.1||19/06/2014||4.35 MB|
|E3-Feeder_H product configuration options||5.4||
|E3-Feeder_F product configuration options||5.4||
Please always refer to a valid Order Code when placing an order.
The Order Code page can be opened by clicking the link below.