The E5-Feeder is a dedicated feeder protection and control IED; it is member of the DTIVA product type in the EuroProt+ product family.
The DTIVA products are configured to protect, control and supervise elements of the utility and industrial distribution systems, including radial, looped and meshed distribution networks. Because of the modular architecture, the modules are assembled and configured according to the user’s requirements; from that point on, the software determines the functions.
The main areas of application are the not solidly grounded radial networks. Here the application of Petersen coils or grounding resistances results relatively low currents in case of single phase-to-ground faults. The majority of the protections are based on current measurements only, but the application of distributed generation or loops in the network topology require additional voltage measurement and directional protection functions. The distance and line differential protections are also available to protect compensated or isolated networks.
The EuroCAP configuration tool, which is available free of charge, offers a user-friendly and flexible application for protection, control and measurement functions to ensure that the IED-EP+ devices are fully customisable.
- Native IEC 61850 IED with Edition 2 compatibility
- Scalable hardware to adapt to different applications
- 84 HP or 42HP wide rack size (height: 3U)
- The pre-defined factory configuration can be customized to the user’s specification with the powerful EuroCAP tool
- Flexible protection and control functionality to meet special customer requirements
- Advanced HMI functionality via color touchscreen and embedded WEB server, extended measuring, control and monitoring functions
- User configurable LCD user screens, which can display SLDs (Single Line Diagrams) with switchgear position indication and control as well as measuring values and several types of controllable objects.
- Various protection setting groups available
- Enhanced breaker monitoring and control
- High capacity disturbance recorder (DRE) and event logging:
- DRE for up to 32 analogue and 64 digital signal channels.
- Event recorder can store more than 10,000 events.
- Several mounting methods: Rack; Flush mounting; Semi-flush mounting; Wall mounting; Wall-mounting with terminals; Flush mounting with IP54 rated cover.
- Wide range of communication protocols:
- Ethernet-based communication: IEC61850; IEC60870-5-104; DNP3.0 TCP; Modbus TCP
- Serial communication: DNP3.0; IEC60870-5-101/103; MODBUS, SPA
- The EuroProt+ family can handle several communication protocols simultaneously.
- Built-in self-monitoring to detect internal hardware or software errors
- Different time sources available: NTP server; Minute pulse; Legacy protocol master; IRIG-B000 or IRIG-B12X
The E5-Feeder relay is the functional extension of the E3-Feeder IED. The range of functions includes all current- and voltage-based applications (directional overcurrent and directional earth-fault protection, power calculation and over- and undervoltage, frequency protection), including the line differential protection function.
All the control and monitoring functions necessary for switchgear control and monitoring are included in the E5-Feeder relay. The automatic reclosing function is also included.
scope of application
- Overhead lines and underground cables (back-up protection on HV systems) overcurrent protection
- Directional ground fault detection in systems with isolated, resistance earthed and Petersen coil earthed neutral, based on residual directional overcurrent protection
- Directional over-/underpower protection with user-defined power setting values and operation angles (combined solution for active or reactive power)
- Line differential protection with CT saturation detection
- Transformers and compensating coils with capability to handle the protection zone
- Optional restricted earth-fault protection
- Switchgear automation and control
- Interlocking schemes can be defined by the user
- Current transformer supervision through unbalance protection
- Voltage transformer supervision and dead line detection
- Sensitive directional ground-fault detection for static ground faults
- Sensitive directional ground-fault detection for transient and static ground faults (transient function)
- Inrush detection and blocking
- Reverse power protection
- Distribution load shedding schemes
- Protection against island operation for wind farm and photovoltaic energy applications
The E5-Feeder configuration measures three phase currents, the residual current and, additionally, three phase voltages and the residual voltage. The main protection function in this application is the line differential protection function. It can also be used if there is transformer in the protection zone (optional feature) . The communication hardware module sends and receives phase current vectors to realize this function. The range of functions is supplemented with the automatic reclosing function.
|TISSUEs Implementation Conformance Statement (TICS) for the IEC 61850 Edition 2 server interface in Europrot+ product family||1.0||18/04/2023||569.01 KB|
|Protocol Implementation eXtra Information for Testing (PIXIT) for the IEC 61850 Edition 2 server interface in Europrot+ product family||1.03||18/04/2023||555.52 KB|
|Protocol Implementation Conformance Statement (PICS) for the IEC 61850 Edition 2 server interface in Europrot+ product family||1.02||18/04/2023||478.52 KB|
|Model Implementation Conformance Statement (MICS) for the IEC 61850 Edition 2 server interface in DTIVA product||1.0||18/04/2023||391.88 KB|
|Model Implementation Conformance Statement (MICS) for the IEC 61850 Edition 1 server interface in the Eurorot+ product family||1.0||21/05/2012||864.71 KB|
|Protocol Implementation Conformance Statement (PICS) for the IEC 61850 Edition 1 server interface in Eurorot+ product family||1.1||20/03/2017||261.09 KB|
|Protocol Implementation eXtra Information for Testing (PIXIT) for the IEC 61850 Edition 1 server interface in Europrot+ product family||1.1||20/03/2017||259.27 KB|
|Distributed network components protection & control||1.1||21/02/2020||2.25 MB|
|Hardware description||2.00||10/02/2023||4.24 MB|
|Maintenance guide||2.1||28/06/2023||770.85 KB|
|Operating Manual and Troubleshooting Guide - system version: 2.8||1.5||19/09/2023||2.69 MB|
|Line differential communication application guide||2.0||31/08/2023||1.04 MB|
|E5-Feeder configuration description||1.1||15/11/2014||4.00 MB|
|E5-Feeder_H product configuration options||5.3||
|E5-Feeder_F product configuration options||5.4||
Please always refer to a valid Order Code when placing an order.
The Order Code page can be opened by clicking the link below.