The E1-TR is a dedicated two-winding transformer protection and control IED; the relay provides complex protection, control and monitoring functions for two-winding power transformers. This device is a member of the DTRV product type in the EuroProt+ product family. The EuroProt+ family complex protection - in respect of hardware and software - is a modular device. Because of the modular architecture, the modules are assembled and configured according to the user’s requirements; from that point on, the software determines the functions.
The DTRV type is designed particularly for protection and control applications of power transformers and generators including generator-transformer blocks. Additionally, the DTRV product type includes a variety of versatile protection functions to meet the users´ most exacting requirements.
Because of the implemented control, measuring and monitoring function, the IED can also be used as a bay control unit.
The EuroCAP configuration tool, which is available free of charge, offers a user-friendly and flexible application for protection, control and measurement functions to ensure that the IED-EP+ devices are fully customisable.
- Native IEC 61850 IED with Edition 2 compatibility
- Scalable hardware to adapt to different applications
- 84 HP or 42HP wide rack size (height: 3U)
- The pre-defined factory configuration can be customized to the user’s specification with the powerful EuroCAP tool
- Flexible protection and control functionality to meet special customer requirements
- Advanced HMI functionality via color touchscreen and embedded WEB server, extended measuring, control and monitoring functions
- User configurable LCD user screens, which can display SLDs (Single Line Diagrams) with switchgear position indication and control as well as measuring values and several types of controllable objects.
- Various protection setting groups available
- Enhanced breaker monitoring and control
- High capacity disturbance recorder (DRE) and event logging (data is stored in non-volatile memory):
- DRE for up to 32 analogue and 64 digital signal channels.
- Event recorder can store more than 10,000 events.
- Several mounting methods: Rack; Flush mounting; Semi-flush mounting; Wall mounting; Wall-mounting with terminals; Flush mounting with IP54 rated cover.
- Wide range of communication protocols:
- Ethernet-based communication: IEC61850; IEC60870-5-104; DNP3.0 TCP; Modbus TCP
- Serial communication: DNP3.0; IEC60870-5-101/103; MODBUS, SPA
- The EuroProt+ family can handle several communication protocols simultaneously.
- Built-in self-monitoring to detect internal hardware or software errors
- Different time sources available: NTP server; Minute pulse; Legacy protocol master; IRIG-B000 or IRIG-B12X
The E1-TR is designed to be the main protection and control IED for two-winding power transformers, including auto-transformers. The relay is a member of the DTRV product type in the EuroProt+ product family.
The E1-TR relay provides a variety of versatile protection functions along with the main transformer differential protection, such as 3ph, Io and I2 overcurrent protection, thermal overload protection, restricted earth fault protection (low- or high-impedance option) etc. It can be used as a back-up protection relay for downstream equipment (e.g. feeders, cables).
The E1-TR transformer protection relay can support double-breaker terminals on any side of the transformer such as breaker and a half or ring bus topology.
The IED includes a wide range of control and supervisory functions, which provide full control and user-defined interlocking schemes for the primary switchgear at the substation.
scope of application
- 2-winding transformer protection and control device with main transformer differential protection and several additional protection functions
- The implemented protection functions provide back-up protection for downstream equipment (e.g. feeders, cables etc.).
- Protection for all kinds of power transformers (including auto-transformers)
- 1-/3-phase tripping and support for double breaker terminals such as breaker and a half or ring bus topologies
- Three-phase transformer differential protection:
- Automatic phase shift and turns ratio compensation of the transformer.
- 2nd and 5th harmonics restraint for transformer inrush and overexcitation detection
- Restricted earth-fault protection
- Current unbalance detection of CT
- Programmable interlocking schemes
- Optional external units:
- 28 input/ 5 output tap changer transcoder (TRCS)
- Remote I/O unit (RIO)
- Optional transducer I/Os (RTD/mA)
- Optional impedance protection
The E1-TR configuration measures three phase currents and the zero sequence current of both sides of a two-winding, three-phase transformer. The main protection functions are transformer differential protection and restricted earth-fault protection functions. The additional protection functions can provide back-up protection for downstream equipment (e.g. feeders, cables).
|Transformer protection & control||1.0||05/04/2019||2.08 MB|
|Maintenance guide||2.0||18/11/2022||769.82 KB|
|Operating Manual and Troubleshooting Guide FW version 2.8||1.4||
|Model Implementation Conformance Statement - MICS||1.0||21/05/2012||864.71 KB|
|Protocol Implementation Conformance Statement - PICS||1.1||20/03/2017||261.09 KB|
|Protocol Implementation Extra Information - PIXIT||1.1||20/03/2017||259.27 KB|
|E1-TR configuration description||1.0||24/03/2014||3.00 MB|
|E1-TR_H product configuration options||4.2||22/11/2022||-|
|E1-TR_F product configuration options||4.2||13/01/2023||-|
Please always refer to a valid Order Code when placing an order.
The Order Code page can be opened by clicking the link below.