The E7-TR is a dedicated automatic voltage regulator (tap changer controller) IED; the relay provides tap changer control and monitoring functions for two- or three-winding power transformers. This device is a member of the DTRV product type in the EuroProt+ product family. The EuroProt+ family complex protection - in respect of hardware and software - is a modular device. Because of the modular architecture, the modules are assembled and configured according to the user’s requirements; from that point on, the software determines the functions.
The DTRV type is designed particularly for protection and control applications of power transformers and generators including generator-transformer blocks. Additionally, the DTRV product type includes a variety of versatile protection functions to meet the users´ most exacting requirements. Because of the control, measuring and monitoring functions implemented, the IED can also be used as a bay control unit.
The EuroCAP configuration tool, which is available free of charge, offers a user-friendly and flexible application for protection, control and measurement functions to ensure that the IED-EP+ devices are fully customisable.
- Native IEC 61850 IED with Edition 2 compatibility
- Scalable hardware to adapt to different applications
- 84 HP or 42HP wide rack size (height: 3U)
- The pre-defined factory configuration can be customized to the user’s specification with the powerful EuroCAP tool
- Flexible protection and control functionality to meet special customer requirements
- Advanced HMI functionality via color touchscreen and embedded WEB server, extended measuring, control and monitoring functions
- User configurable LCD user screens, which can display SLDs (Single Line Diagrams) with switchgear position indication and control as well as measuring values and several types of controllable objects.
- Various protection setting groups available
- Enhanced breaker monitoring and control
- High capacity disturbance recorder (DRE) and event logging:
- DRE for up to 32 analogue and 64 digital signal channels.
- Event recorder can store more than 10,000 events.
- Several mounting methods: Rack; Flush mounting; Semi-flush mounting; Wall mounting; Wall-mounting with terminals; Flush mounting with IP54 rated cover.
- Wide range of communication protocols:
- Ethernet-based communication: IEC61850; IEC60870-5-104; DNP3.0 TCP; Modbus TCP
- Serial communication: DNP3.0; IEC60870-5-101/103; MODBUS, SPA
- The EuroProt+ family can handle several communication protocols simultaneously.
- Built-in self-monitoring to detect internal hardware or software errors
- Different time sources available: NTP server; Minute pulse; Legacy protocol master; IRIG-B000 or IRIG-B12X
The E7-TR is designed to give control over the tap-changer of power transformers. The relay is a member of the DTRV product type in the EuroProt+ product family.
The E7-TR relay includes a powerful Automatic Tap Changer Control function (manual control included) along with voltage protection functions.
Scope of application
- Automatic or manual voltage regulation (tap changer control) for transformers
- Additional voltage protection functions.
- Tap changer supervision; 6 bit tap changer position definition (Binary, BCD, Gray, mA)
- Optional external units:
- 28 input/ 5 output tap changer transcoder (TRCS)
- Remote I/O unit (RIO)
The E7-TR configuration measures three phase currents, the residual current component and, additionally, three phase voltages and the residual voltage component from both sides of the transformer. The tap-changer controller function also considers the voltage drop of serial network elements and the healthy state of the high voltage supply network. Voltage limitation functions are also included.
Please always refer to a valid Order Code when placing an order.
The Order Code page can be opened by clicking the link below.