The E7-TR is a dedicated automatic voltage regulator (tap changer controller) IED; the relay provides tap changer control and monitoring functions for two- or three-winding power transformers. This device is a member of the DTRV product type in the EuroProt+ product family. The EuroProt+ family complex protection - in respect of hardware and software - is a modular device. Because of the modular architecture, the modules are assembled and configured according to the user’s requirements; from that point on, the software determines the functions.
The DTRV type is designed particularly for protection and control applications of power transformers and generators including generator-transformer blocks. Additionally, the DTRV product type includes a variety of versatile protection functions to meet the users´ most exacting requirements. Because of the control, measuring and monitoring functions implemented, the IED can also be used as a bay control unit.
The EuroCAP configuration tool, which is available free of charge, offers a user-friendly and flexible application for protection, control and measurement functions to ensure that the IED-EP+ devices are fully customisable.
- Native IEC 61850 IED with Edition 2 compatibility
- Scalable hardware to adapt to different applications
- 84 HP or 42HP wide rack size (height: 3U)
- The pre-defined factory configuration can be customized to the user’s specification with the powerful EuroCAP tool
- Flexible protection and control functionality to meet special customer requirements
- Advanced HMI functionality via color touchscreen and embedded WEB server, extended measuring, control and monitoring functions
- User configurable LCD user screens, which can display SLDs (Single Line Diagrams) with switchgear position indication and control as well as measuring values and several types of controllable objects.
- Various protection setting groups available
- Enhanced breaker monitoring and control
- High capacity disturbance recorder (DRE) and event logging:
- DRE for up to 32 analogue and 64 digital signal channels.
- Event recorder can store more than 10,000 events.
- Several mounting methods: Rack; Flush mounting; Semi-flush mounting; Wall mounting; Wall-mounting with terminals; Flush mounting with IP54 rated cover.
- Wide range of communication protocols:
- Ethernet-based communication: IEC61850; IEC60870-5-104; DNP3.0 TCP; Modbus TCP
- Serial communication: DNP3.0; IEC60870-5-101/103; MODBUS, SPA
- The EuroProt+ family can handle several communication protocols simultaneously.
- Built-in self-monitoring to detect internal hardware or software errors
- Different time sources available: NTP server; Minute pulse; Legacy protocol master; IRIG-B000 or IRIG-B12X
The E7-TR is designed to give control over the tap-changer of power transformers. The relay is a member of the DTRV product type in the EuroProt+ product family.
The E7-TR relay includes a powerful Automatic Tap Changer Control function (manual control included) along with voltage protection functions.
Scope of application
- Automatic or manual voltage regulation (tap changer control) for transformers
- Additional voltage protection functions.
- Tap changer supervision; 6 bit tap changer position definition (Binary, BCD, Gray, mA)
- Optional external units:
- 28 input/ 5 output tap changer transcoder (TRCS)
- Remote I/O unit (RIO)
The E7-TR configuration measures three phase currents, the residual current component and, additionally, three phase voltages and the residual voltage component from both sides of the transformer. The tap-changer controller function also considers the voltage drop of serial network elements and the healthy state of the high voltage supply network. Voltage limitation functions are also included.
|Hardware description||1.44||31/03/2022||4.23 MB|
|Operating Manual and Troubleshooting Guide||1.3||13/04/2021||2.50 MB|
|Protocol Implementation Extra Information - PIXIT||1.1||20/03/2017||259.27 KB|
|Protocol Implementation Conformance Statement - PICS||1.1||20/03/2017||261.09 KB|
|Model Implementation Conformance Statement - MICS||1.0||21/05/2012||864.71 KB|
|E7-TR configuration description||2.0||23/05/2014||4.70 MB|
|E7-TR_H product configuration options||4.2||
|E7-TR_F product configuration options||4.2||
Please always refer to a valid Order Code when placing an order.
The Order Code page can be opened by clicking the link below.