Variant 2 provides additional motor protection functions compared to S16 Variant 1 functionality.
The relay provides 4 current channel inputs.
Devices of the IED EP+ S16 series are designed to provide small-size, cost effective, simple solutions for feeder, motor and several kinds of back-up protection applications. These devices have predefined hardware arrangement and fixed standard configurations.
The relay is equipped with a USB 2.0 port on the front and a serial interface on the rear side. The front port is the engineering port where the user is able to change parameters etc. using the S16 Tool software. The rear port is only for SCADA connection.
- Compact (16HP) housing
- Software-configurable secondary rated current for the phase and the residual currents
(1-3CT channel rated current: 1 or 5A; 4th channel: 0.2;1;5A)
- Universal power supply (19.2 - 300 VDC; 80 - 255 VAC)
- Event recorder for up to 1000 events
- Free, user-friendly software tool
- High-speed, supervised TRIP contacts
- Built-in supervision
- Several mounting methods: Flush mounting; Semi-flush mounting; Din rail mounting
- Software-configurable rated voltage of the binary inputs
- Ready-to-use and straightforward handling
- Supported communication protocols:
- IEC 60870-5-101
- IEC 60870-5-103
- 128x64 b/w LCD with white backlight
- 4x pushbuttons
- 8x three-color matrix programmable alarm LED indicators
- Three-color status LED
S16 Variant 2 is specifically designed to protect induction-type asynchronous motors.
Despite the compact size the IED provides a wide range of protection functions which are based on current measurements: non-directional overcurrent and earth-fault protection, thermal overload protection, phase discontinuity protection and circuit breaker failure protection, negative phase sequence protection.
For motor applications, there are the start-up supervision function with restart inhibit, frequent start protection and undercurrent protection.
Scope of application
- Three-phase and residual non-directional overcurrent protection functions
for overhead lines and cable networks
- Inrush detection function
- The relay provides motor protection functions during during starting and running conditions.
- Breaker failure protectio
- The implemented protection functions provide complete back-up protection for feeders, motors, transformers and generators in utility and industry applications, where independent and redundant protection system is required.
|IED-EP+ S16 general description||1.2||07/07/2017||2.44 MB|