S16 Variant 4 is extended with one voltage input compared to Variant 1 for residual voltage based protections, such as residual directional overcurrent and residual overvoltage protections.
The relay provides 4 current channel inputs and one voltage channel input.
Devices of the IED EP+ S16 series are designed to provide small-size, cost effective, simple solutions for feeder, motor and several kinds of back-up protection applications. These devices have predefined hardware arrangement and fixed standard configurations.
The relay is equipped with a USB 2.0 port on the front and a serial interface on the rear side. The front port is the engineering port where the user is able to change parameters etc. using the S16 Tool software. The rear port is only for SCADA connection.
- Compact (16HP) housing
- Software-configurable secondary rated current for the phase and the residual currents
(1-3CT channel rated current: 1 or 5A; 4th channel: 0.2;1;5A)
- Universal power supply (19.2 - 300 VDC; 80 - 255 VAC)
- Event recorder for up to 1000 events
- Free, user-friendly software tool
- High-speed, supervised TRIP contacts
- Built-in supervision
- Several mounting methods: Flush mounting; Semi-flush mounting; Din rail mounting
- Software-configurable rated voltage of the binary inputs
- Ready-to-use and straightforward handling
- Supported communication protocols:
- IEC 60870-5-101
- IEC 60870-5-103
- 128x64 b/w LCD with white backlight
- 4x pushbuttons
- 8x three-color matrix programmable alarm LED indicators
- Three-color status LED