The E10-Feeder relay is designed specifically for power capacitor bank protection and control; it is a member of the DTIVA product type in the EuroProt+ product family.
The DTIVA products are configured to protect, control and supervise elements of the utility and industrial distribution systems, including radial, looped and meshed distribution networks. Because of the modular architecture, the modules are assembled and configured according to the user’s requirements; from that point on, the software determines the functions.
The EuroCAP configuration tool, which is available free of charge, offers a user-friendly and flexible application for protection, control and measurement functions to ensure that the IED-EP+ devices are fully customisable.
- Native IEC 61850 IED with Edition 2 compatibility
- Scalable hardware to adapt to different applications
- 84 HP or 42HP wide rack size (height: 3U)
- The pre-defined factory configuration can be customized to the user’s specification with the powerful EuroCAP tool
- Flexible protection and control functionality to meet special customer requirements
- Advanced HMI functionality via color touchscreen and embedded WEB server, extended measuring, control and monitoring functions
- User configurable LCD user screens, which can display SLDs (Single Line Diagrams) with switchgear position indication and control as well as measuring values and several types of controllable objects.
- Various protection setting groups available
- Enhanced breaker monitoring and control
- High capacity disturbance recorder (DRE) and event logging:
- DRE for up to 32 analogue and 64 digital signal channels.
- Event recorder can store more than 10,000 events.
- Several mounting methods: Rack; Flush mounting; Semi-flush mounting; Wall mounting; Wall-mounting with terminals; Flush mounting with IP54 rated cover.
- Wide range of communication protocols:
- Ethernet-based communication: IEC61850; IEC60870-5-104; DNP3.0 TCP; Modbus TCP
- Serial communication: DNP3.0; IEC60870-5-101/103; MODBUS, SPA
- The EuroProt+ family can handle several communication protocols simultaneously.
- Built-in self-monitoring to detect internal hardware or software errors
- Different time sources available: NTP server; Minute pulse; Legacy protocol master; IRIG-B000 or IRIG-B12X
The E10-Feeder device has been designed to protect, control and supervise shunt capacitor banks.
The IED offers current-based protection functions, which include three-phase time overcurrent and residual time overcurrent protection.
The E10-Feeder also offers breaker failure protection.
Apart from the standard current-based protections, the E10-Feeder relay comes with protection functions specifically designed to protect capacitor banks: capacitor overvoltage protection, capacitor unbalance protection. The device is able to handle and protect different bank arrangements, such as ungrounded single star connection, double star (ungrounded) connection, delta-connected banks, “H” configuration, etc.. The E10-Feeder also offers breaker failure protection.
Voltage measurement is optional in the relay, which includes phase and residual overvoltage protection functions.
Scope of application
- Protection and monitoring of capacitor banks
- Handling of various bank arrangements
- Capacitor unbalance protection for blocks inbridge (“H”) connection, double star connection and double delta connection
- Calibration feature to compensate the inherent capacitor bank unbalances to prevent maloperation and increase sensitivity
- Ambient temperature monitoring
The E10-Feeder configuration measures three phase currents, the residual current and, optionally, three phase voltages and the residual voltage. The realized and optional current- and voltage-based protection functions are listed below.
|Protocol Implementation Extra Information - PIXIT||1.1||20/03/2017||259.27 KB|
|Protocol Implementation Conformance Statement - PICS||1.1||20/03/2017||261.09 KB|
|Model Implementation Conformance Statement - MICS||1.0||21/05/2012||864.71 KB|
|Distributed network components protection & control||1.1||21/02/2020||2.25 MB|
|Hardware description||1.41||18/06/2020||3.37 MB|
|Maintenance guide||1.3||19/02/2014||170.12 KB|
|Operating Manual and Troubleshooting Guide||1.2||18/08/2020||2.35 MB|
|E10-Feeder configuration description||1.0||20/02/2014||2.25 MB|
Please always refer to a valid Order Code when placing an order.
The Order Code page can be opened by clicking the link below.